- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Nene confident in return from foot ailment
Question of the Day
NEW YORK — Nene will take the court again Wednesday morning for the second time in a row, and unless there’s an 11th-hour flare up with his right foot, he’ll play tonight vs. the Brooklyn Nets (CSN, 7:30). The team, however, is calling him a game-time decision.
Nene has missed the last four games with soreness. His absence has made it difficult for Marcin Gortat, who has had to take on some of his duties playing in the high post and facilitating.
“We’re talking about my Achilles. I just been doing everything I could to feel better. I’ve seen progress,” Nene said. “I feel much, much better. It’s a step. A day-by-day step and reduce the pain. I’m ready to go.”
RELATED: [Game On: Wizards-Nets preview]
With Bradley Beal and Martell Webster back in the lineup, that leaves Al Harrington (right knee) as the only missing piece from the roster. Glen Rice (right wrist) is with the team but appears unlikely to play after hurting himself in a postgame celebration in Monday’s 102-101 win at the New York Knicks.
“He got hurt in the celebration. Don’t ask me. I don’t know what it is. We can’t catch a break,” coach Randy Wittman said. “He’s had a sore wrist the last couple weeks but we’ve been able to take care of it enough where he can still play. He got it jammed or something in the jubilation.”
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors