- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
Olie Kolzig preaching patience with Caps’ goaltenders
“We want them to play deep, we want them to read,” he said. “We just don’t want them challenging right out of the gate.
“I don’t want them playing [in their nets] like [Rangers goalie] Henrik Lundqvist. That’s a skill set Henrik has that not a lot of other guys in the league have and that’s because he’s got an exceptional set of eyes and he’s one of the most intelligent players in the game.”
Kolzig said he believes the growing pains Holtby, Neuvirth and Grubauer are enduring now will pay off as the season unfolds and is hoping there is enough patience around him to see it through.
“You can’t bombard them with all this information and expect them to have instant success,” Kolzig said. “As a goalie the last thing you want to do in a game is think. You want it to be automatic and react to the play.”
Holtby said he’s getting closer to that point, despite Tuesday night’s result.
“It’s coming,” he said. “It’s harder to create the subconscious to do them naturally if you don’t do them a whole bunch in games or practices. Those things will take a little more time, but most of the in-zone stuff is second nature already.”
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes