- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
RG3 in no mood to discuss Redskins’ reported power struggle
“I don’t know about it, still don’t know about it,” he said. “I’m just trying to deal with what I have to deal with right now, thinking about thing game, getting ready to watch the film.”
According to the ESPN report, Griffin received special treatment from Snyder including the owner sending his security detail to be with Griffin on occasions when the quarterback was out and sending his limo to give Griffin’s fiancée (now wife) rides after road games.
“Not going to talk about that stuff, guys,” he said. “It’s not relevant to the football game, it’s not relevant to my life, which is my answer to that and it’s just ridiculous.”
“It’s not what the game’s about,” said a clearly frustrated Griffin. “Constantly I go to these press conferences and get asked questions about non-football things as opposed to football. It’s just not the way the game should be going. You partially understand some of it. There are other questions that need to be asked and there are other things we need to do like playing better.”
Griffin was also asked about being removed from the game when healthy for the first time in his career. With the Chiefs up 45-10 early in the fourth quarter, Kirk Cousins went in and finished the game at quarterback.
“It’s tough, but I understood. You don’t fight that,” he said. “You want to finish the game with your guys.”
When asked during his press conference, Shanahan would not confirm that Griffin will be the starter next week.
“That’s not an issue,” Griffin said of his status as the starter.
Near the end of the news conference, Griffin was asked why he thought his relationship with his coach constantly was being questioned. His answer was somewhat cryptic.
“I don’t know. I’m getting frustrated now trying to hold everything back,” he said. “Some things are allowed to happen and we can cut a lot of this stuff out and it’s not being cut out. I don’t know what else I can do about that.”
What does all of that mean? Stay tuned.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014