- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
Michal Neuvirth will not travel with Caps after pregame injury
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth will not travel with the team to New York to play the Islanders after suffering an injury during pregame warmups on Friday night, coach Adam Oates said. The netminder does not have a timetable to return.
“My understanding is he stood on a puck,” Oates said. “As he first came out the lights came on and he went out and stepped on a puck. He got a lower body injury.”
“I don’t think so. I hope not. I wasn’t told that it was.”
Neuvirth has played in seven games so far this season and holds a 2.83 goals-against average on 215 shots faced. The 25-year-old last played on Nov. 22 against the same Canadiens.
The Capitals will call up a goaltender from Hershey for Saturday’s game, but Oates did not know yet who would be heading to Washington. For Friday’s game the Caps dressed video coach Brett ‘Stretch’ Leonhardt as their emergency backup. As a former college netminder, he served in the same role for the Caps in December of 2008.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.