- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
Michal Neuvirth will not travel with Caps after pregame injury
Question of the Day
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth will not travel with the team to New York to play the Islanders after suffering an injury during pregame warmups on Friday night, coach Adam Oates said. The netminder does not have a timetable to return.
“My understanding is he stood on a puck,” Oates said. “As he first came out the lights came on and he went out and stepped on a puck. He got a lower body injury.”
“I don’t think so. I hope not. I wasn’t told that it was.”
Neuvirth has played in seven games so far this season and holds a 2.83 goals-against average on 215 shots faced. The 25-year-old last played on Nov. 22 against the same Canadiens.
The Capitals will call up a goaltender from Hershey for Saturday’s game, but Oates did not know yet who would be heading to Washington. For Friday’s game the Caps dressed video coach Brett ‘Stretch’ Leonhardt as their emergency backup. As a former college netminder, he served in the same role for the Caps in December of 2008.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world