- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Could Max Scherzer set the bar for Jordan Zimmermann?
ERA 2011-13 – 39-28, 3.12 ERA, 570.1 IP
As you see, Scherzer has improved significantly each season. He’s already a Cy Young winner, is just 29 and could conceivably get even better. He was also the best pitcher on a team that won their division and made the playoffs in 2013.
Overall, however, he hasn’t been any better than Zimmermann over the last three seasons. Zimmermann, in fact, has held opponents to 0.54 less runs on average. That’s significant even with the delineation between AL and NL lineups. He’s also two years younger that Scherzer
Scherzer can be a free agent after this coming season while Zimmermann is under control through 2015. The Tigers also traded Prince Fielder to the Rangers in November which gave them more financial flexibility. All signs point to an extension for Scherzer and it could happen soon.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014