- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Who’s left? Looking at best MLB free agents available
There are six weeks left until pitchers and catchers report to 2014 MLB spring training, but still there remain several big name free agents left on the market.
Yesterday I detailed the Nationals’ recent history of making late offseason splashes, and this year could be no different. The only problem is the guys left to be signed aren’t necessarily fits in Washington.
This year there is no Rafael Soriano or Edwin Jackson out there ready to fill a vacancy on the Nats’ roster. For instance, their rotation looks to be completely set after the Doug Fister trade and six of the top ten free agents according to Hardball Talk’s 2014 FA Tracker are starting pitchers.
Here is a look at the ten best players left via HBT’s top 150:
1. Masahiro Tanaka - RHP, 25 years old
2. Matt Garza - RHP, 30 years old
3. Ervin Santana - RHP, 31 years old*
4. Ubaldo Jimenez - RHP, 29 years old*
5. A.J. Burnett - RHP, 37 years old*
6. Nelson Cruz - OF, 33 years old*
7. Stephen Drew - SS, 31 years old*
8. Bronson Arroyo - RHP, 37 years old
9. Kendrys Morales - 1B-DH, 30 years old*
10. Grant Balfour - CL, 36 years old
None of those names really jump out as obvious fits with the Nats. Most of them are starters and the top position players available require teams to forfeit draft picks (noted with *).
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.