- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
Who’s left? Looking at best MLB free agents available
There are six weeks left until pitchers and catchers report to 2014 MLB spring training, but still there remain several big name free agents left on the market.
Yesterday I detailed the Nationals’ recent history of making late offseason splashes, and this year could be no different. The only problem is the guys left to be signed aren’t necessarily fits in Washington.
This year there is no Rafael Soriano or Edwin Jackson out there ready to fill a vacancy on the Nats’ roster. For instance, their rotation looks to be completely set after the Doug Fister trade and six of the top ten free agents according to Hardball Talk’s 2014 FA Tracker are starting pitchers.
Here is a look at the ten best players left via HBT’s top 150:
1. Masahiro Tanaka - RHP, 25 years old
2. Matt Garza - RHP, 30 years old
3. Ervin Santana - RHP, 31 years old*
4. Ubaldo Jimenez - RHP, 29 years old*
5. A.J. Burnett - RHP, 37 years old*
6. Nelson Cruz - OF, 33 years old*
7. Stephen Drew - SS, 31 years old*
8. Bronson Arroyo - RHP, 37 years old
9. Kendrys Morales - 1B-DH, 30 years old*
10. Grant Balfour - CL, 36 years old
None of those names really jump out as obvious fits with the Nats. Most of them are starters and the top position players available require teams to forfeit draft picks (noted with *).
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014