- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
What does Ron Hextall’s Flyers promotion mean for Caps?
Question of the Day
Did the Capitals’ interest in Ron Hextall hasten his promotion to general manager of the Philadelphia Flyers?
Less than two weeks ago Hextall told CSNWashington.com that he would be interested in interviewing for another general manager’s position if a team showed an interest in hiring him.
“I’m not going to comment on another team,” he said. “We did what was best for the Flyers.”
The news of Hextall’s promotion comes one day after Peter Laviolette was hired as head coach of the Nashville Predators.
Both were believed to be on the Capitals’ long list of potential general managers and coaches but it was clear from Wednesday’s news conference in Philadelphia that Hextall wanted to remain in Philadelphia for what he called his “dream job.”
With Hextall and Laviolette out of contention, two of the top candidates believed to be on the Capitals’ list are Jim Benning, the assistant general manager of the Boston Bruins, and Barry Trotz, who was not renewed by the Nashville Predators after 15 years as head coach.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors