- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
What does Ron Hextall’s Flyers promotion mean for Caps?
Question of the Day
Did the Capitals’ interest in Ron Hextall hasten his promotion to general manager of the Philadelphia Flyers?
Less than two weeks ago Hextall told CSNWashington.com that he would be interested in interviewing for another general manager’s position if a team showed an interest in hiring him.
“I’m not going to comment on another team,” he said. “We did what was best for the Flyers.”
The news of Hextall’s promotion comes one day after Peter Laviolette was hired as head coach of the Nashville Predators.
Both were believed to be on the Capitals’ long list of potential general managers and coaches but it was clear from Wednesday’s news conference in Philadelphia that Hextall wanted to remain in Philadelphia for what he called his “dream job.”
With Hextall and Laviolette out of contention, two of the top candidates believed to be on the Capitals’ list are Jim Benning, the assistant general manager of the Boston Bruins, and Barry Trotz, who was not renewed by the Nashville Predators after 15 years as head coach.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq