- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
By The Washington Times
Kirk Cousins’ outing against one of the NFL’s worst pass defenses can’t obscure the fact that, for better or worse, Robert Griffin III is the franchise’s future.
By Chase Hughes - CSNwashington.com
Here is a look at the seven trades made between Washington and Oakland in the last three years, and what we know about their results so far.
By David Ginsburg - Associated Press
Just a month ago, the defending Super Bowl champions were 4-6. Now they're in command of the final AFC wild card and still in the running for another division title.
By Ralph D. Russo - Associated Press
Winston, who was a landslide Heisman winner last week, is joined on the first team by three Florida State teammates — center Bryan Stork, kicker Roberto Aguayo and cornerback Lamarcus Joyner — to give the top-ranked Seminoles more than any other school.
By Rob Maaddi - Associated Press
All that progress the Philadelphia Eagles' defense made over two months vanished in one day. It doesn't mean they're back to the beginning.
By Zac Boyer - The Washington Times
After turning the ball over seven times on Sunday in a 27-26 road loss to the Atlanta Falcons, they are the owners of a woeful minus-8 turnover margin, the sixth-worst mark in the league. Bad teams play sloppy football. But what makes the Redskins' deficiencies even more eye-opening is that they ranked No. 3 in the NFL last season in that very same category.
By Associated Press
He will not become eligible for free agency until after the 2015 season and can move to MLB only if the Rakuten Eagles agree to post him. The Eagles, who won the Japan Series, say they want Tanaka to remain with them for next season.
By Ronald Blum - Associated Press
An All-Star in 2005 and 2007, the 36-year-old Roberts had spent his entire 13-year major league career with Baltimore. He has not played a full season since 2009 because of injuries.
By Chuck Gormley - CSNwashington.com
Holtby has won three of his last four decisions but allowed three goals on eight shots and was pulled for Philipp Grubauer in the Caps' wild 6-5 shootout win over the Lightning last Tuesday.
By Thom Loverro - The Washington Times
When you see the dysfunction that has turned Redskins Park into a battlefield of bickering, and the record nearing the end of Mike Shanahan's four-year tenure in Washington, mixed in with the two bizarre years of Jim Zorn, you have to come to a new appreciation for what Gibbs managed to do in those four years running this organization.
By Larry Lage - Associated Press
Tucker made six field goals, including a franchise-record 61-yarder with 38 seconds left that lifted Baltimore to an 18-16 win over the Detroit Lions in a Monday night matchup with major postseason implications.
By Jeffrey Bernstein - Associated Press
Beal's driving layup with 6 seconds remaining lifted the Wizards to a 102-101 win when New York didn't use one of its three remaining timeouts and Carmelo Anthony's attempted a 3-pointer bounced off the rim as time expired.
- FENNO: Let's not get so carried away with Cousins-mania and forget RG3 remains the future
- Turnover turnaround a prime reason for Redskins' fall
- LOVERRO: Tone-deaf Redskins could use a bit of Joe Gibbs' harmony
- Redskins notes: Pierre Garcon continues to be a bright spot in a dismal season
- Redskins fall to Falcons as two-point gamble fails
- Revisiting all those Nationals and Athletics trades
- Adam LaRoche, Duck Dynasty stars, Matt Light share stories from USO Tour
- With most of Nationals' needs met, only in-house decisions remain this winter
- Matt Williams doing all he can to immerse himself in Nationals organization
- 2013 MLB winter meetings: What to watch for in Orlando
- D.C. United acquires veteran Davy Arnaud from Montreal
- D.C. United need help everywhere after historically bad season
- D.C. United ends miserable season with loss to playoff-bound Houston
- Washington Redskins vs. Chicago Bears: 5 Questions
- D.C. United takes U.S. Open Cup title in midst of miserable season
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- House seeks Fast and Furious gun-walking documents
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- OBAMASCARE: Huge premium hikes rock employer-insured workers